Thank you for staying in touch with Common Runners.
We will continue to keep you informed about our new running courses, pilates courses, London runs and social runs.
NEWS/UPDATES: MAY 2018
* Beginner & Improver classes – these started in mid April and there is some availability. Our beginner runners are now running for 6 mins/walking for 1 min x 3 and doing amazingly well. Our improver runners continue to do a variety of runs – hill repeats, sprints, timed miles, longer runs. If you are interested in joining us please let me know.
* Social runs – our weekly 5k social run on Wednesdays at 9.30am continues to be a popular one with all runners. The run usually takes place on Wimbledon Common and once a month in Richmond Park. You can join this run even if you haven’t signed up for a running course. The cost is £7 per run.
* 4-week pilates for runners course – If you find that you are prone to running injuries, your muscles feel tight after a run or you’re training for a big race, then this course is for you. There are 3 classes left (18/5, 25/5, 8/6) and a few spaces available in the current course. If you are interested please let me know. Each class costs £15 and takes place on a Friday, 9.30-10.30am @ The Wimbledon Club.
* Thames Ditton races (10k & 10 mile) on Sunday 24 June – a few runners are now starting to build up their mileage for these races. If you would like to join us please let me know.
If you fancy keeping fit over Easter, please come along to our mixed ability, pay-as-you-go Tuesday evening running classes on the 3rd April and 10th April.
The classes take place at 7pm and we meet outside Sweaty Betty in Wimbledon Village where there is plenty of parking. Each class costs £10 and must be booked and paid for prior to each class. To book, please email email@example.com; payment can be made via Paypal by following this link – http://commonrunners.co.uk/shopping/.
Please note, if there are less than 4 people booked for a class, it will be cancelled and you will be notified.
Secret London Runs is organising a charity event for International Women’s Day in March and would love Common Runners to join them. The running challenge is all about London’s inspiring women and to raise money for Freedom from Fistula.
For more information about the event please follow this link – https://www.secretlondonruns.com/runforinternationalwomensday2018
APPI in Wimbledon Village is offering Common Runners 10% off a one hour physio assessment with one of their specialised running physios.
In the session the physio will assess your running style, carry out an injury screen and then provide information on how to reduce the risk of injury by providing specific exercises and advise”.
Please contact Helen Feeney on 0208 739 0754 or email: Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org. Just mention Common Runners
We now have 11 Common Runners signed up for the Street Art running tour!
On Wednesday 14 March 2018 @ 9.30am/10am, we are going on a 10k running & running/walking tour to explore some of the most street-art filled roads of the East End!
The tour starts at Algate East and finishes in London Fields. On the tour we will see art by Banksy, Stik, Invader and more at each of the 10 stops. The tour will be followed by a well deserved coffee and cake at a special location. All abilities are catered for but you must be comfortable running 5k.
This tour looks fabulous! The cost of the running/walking tour plus coffee/tea & cake after is £25. If you haven’t signed up yet but would like to attend please let me know.
Final numbers and payment will be required by the end of February as the required number of guides will have to be booked. At this point I’m afraid that there will be no refunds.
If you would like to give (or receive!) Common Runners’ gift vouchers for Christmas – to be used on any course or on a one-to-one – why not order some today? Just let us know who they are for and for how much and the vouchers will be sent to you.
New beginner and improver running courses start on Monday 8 January until Thursday 29 March 2018 (excluding half term).
Beginner course is on: Mondays 10.30-11.30am
Improver courses are on: Mondays 9.30-10.30am, Tuesdays 9.30-10.30am & 7-8pm
Social runners course is on: Thursday 10.30-11.30am
Social runs are every Wednesday at 9.30am
If you are interested in a particular day/time, please complete the sign up form to reserve your place. A free trial session is available. We do hope that you will join us soon!
I am so pleased that Julie, Julia and Lucy ran the 10 mile race on Sunday in fantastic times (between 1.40-1.48)! They all came to the finish line with smiles on their faces, probably relieved that it was over but that they had run the race in great times.
The Cabbagepatch10 mile race was great from start to finish and I would definitely recommend it. The organisation was excellent, the route was lovely, the marshals were so enthusiastic and you got a great goody bag at the end – a technical t-shirt, medal, bars, fruit, drink including a can of beer!
Well done everyone!
Another Christmas celebration with a difference…
On Thursday 30 November @ 7pm, we’re organising a Christmas ‘photo scavenger hunt run’ around Wimbledon Village to discover even more fun and interesting sights! The run will be followed by drinks at the Hand in Hand pub, a must to recharge the batteries and to celebrate a year of running!
Our Christmas ‘photo scavenger hunt run’ starts outside Sweaty Betty and finishes at the Hand in Hand pub on the edge of Wimbledon Common. You will be divided into teams of varying speeds/abilities, given a list of places/items to find and photograph with all team members before heading back to the pub by 8pm. The team with the most photos will win the hunt and a prize!
A room at the front of the Hand in Hand has been reserved for us and Prosecco/soft drinks will be pre-ordered so that everything is ready for us after the run. The cost of the refreshments is £15 per person and gives you about two glasses of Prosecco/soft drinks. There are bar snacks available to buy on the night if required.
We hope that you can make the run and drinks!
To improve your motivation and give your training some focus over the late autumn/winter months, how about entering one of the following races -
* The London Winter Run, 10k, on Sunday 4 February
* The Hampton Court Half Marathon on Sunday 18 February
* The Richmond Spring Riverside 10k on Saturday 17 March
For more information, please go to the race page
A few runners have already signed up for the London Winter Run and I will be entering the Hampton Court Half – so please let us know if you want to join us.